I’m a busy mum of 4 and spend a lot of time snacking. So over the next few months I’m going to be trying out some home made snacks, that will be either healthier or help with my energy levels. I will also be sharing these recipes and my thoughts.
This week I made Chocolate and Oat Energy Balls. I doubled up the recipe (see below) and found that it made around 15 balls, but I suppose it depends on how big you make them. I kept some in the fridge and put the rest into the freezer for later in the week. I found the balls tasted a lot like snickers just a bit crunchier, and thought they were rather nice. The texture was a little gritty because of the seeds but not unpleasant. I will be making these again soon
Makes: 10 energy balls
- 80g oats
- 130g smooth peanut butter
- 80ml honey
- 45g chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chocolate-flavoured protein powder, or to taste
Prep:10min › Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:40min
- Stir oats, peanut butter, honey, chocolate, flax seeds, chia seeds and protein powder together in a bowl until evenly mixed. Cover bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Scoop up a small portion of the chilled mixture; roll in the palm of your hand to form bite size balls. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Store in the fridge for when you need an energy boost. These will keep for about 3 days in the fridge.